Hi there! Sometimes choosing a course is so complex and a commitment that we don’t choose at all. We struggle along in a foreign language environment having dreamt to be already speaking by now.
Here’s an invitation to try a new method that we worked on for 8 years and hope to get proof about its effectiveness.
It’s highly personalised, uses proven methods, and will not reduce your flexibility much.
One lesson per week!
We’re all busy. This is designed for busy people. You don’t need to sacrifice many evenings per week. One lesson is enough, because we make it highly efficient by you practicing every phrase you learn in class as well as practicing your listening comprehension. And practicing you can do by yourself whenever you like.
Your weekly commitment:
- A 45 minute in-person lesson (individuals or small groups)
- 10-20 minutes practice every day
- 30-60 minutes of listening practice with interesting content.
That’s 3-4 hours of effective learning every week, of which most flexible (can be done in the bus, while walking, while waiting, with a coffee).
Not bad eh.
This is our goal with you:
- You can understand when people speak fast because you listened to authentic audio content for 6-12 hours.
- You know correct things to say because you memorized 400-600 phrases into your long-term memory.
- You have good pronunciation because you practiced with audioclips and a pronunciation trainer.
- And most of all: You feel comfortable speaking because you had 12 conversations.
You won’t be fluent, but you’ll have the experience and the tools needed to improve to fluency from there.
Train the competences you need
We tried and selected the best methods:
- Language Parenting: Get comfortable speaking with native speakers. Your teacher speaks with you like with a kid, trying to understand what you’re trying to say and feeding it back the correct way. Make mistakes and then enjoy that you learn how to say it right.
- Spaced Repetition: Know correct and personalised things to say with the right pronunciation. Our app helps you get recordings from class into your long-term memory the fastest way. It’s just another flashcard app where you just return daily and practice what is available.
- Listening-Reading: Understanding native speakers is one of the hardest challenges. But you can train your listening and understanding. Follow our instructions for comfortable practice by watching videos multiple times with subtitles.
How to get started
Follow this link to check our page with some (not yet finished, but growing) content for German:
- I recorded three simple-medium phrase videos with phrases you probably should know. With the phrases.lingophant.com links under each video you can download and already practice the phrases on your phone.
- There’s a tiny introduction to Listening-Reading. And soon there will be YouTube channels for almost every interest.
- You find a link to schedule a weekly meeting with Alex, at a time where you are available every week. (We’ll record some lessons to eventually show the progress you’ve made in 12 weeks).
- If you have questions or want to schedule your first lesson, feel free to text Alex under +43 699 11 4242 67 (on WhatsApp cause he recently moved to the country Georgia ✌️).
- We have a great grammar guide that we can send you via WhatsApp.
Use this link to schedule a weekly meeting with Alex, at a time where you are available every week. (We’ll record some lessons to eventually show the progress you’ve made in 12 weeks).
If you have questions or want to schedule your first lesson, feel free to text Alex under +43 699 11 4242 67 (on WhatsApp cause he recently moved to the country Georgia ✌️).
We also have a cool grammar guide that we can send you via WhatsApp.
Spots are limited, and first come first served.
Please also note:
- We’ll record the lessons for quality improvement and gaining evidence on effectiveness.
- We’re offering this for free so you can learn a language and we can get evidence about our method. You can try it out for two weeks, but if you then continue, please continue until the end so we get the evidence that it works. And feel free to donate at the end 🤑.
- You’ll have your first lesson alone, and then might join up to 3 similar learners in the future.
- Lessons take around 45 minutes. You can just book, Alex can also show you everything in the lesson. No need to download an app or look at material.
- Every lesson is personalised to your level, vocabulary, and interests.
Book your lesson here and be there on time.
Time format: 10AM/1PM (Berlin/Georgia)
- Friday 7AM/10AM
- Friday 10AM/1PM
- Friday 1PM/4PM
- Friday 2PM/5PM
- Friday 3PM/6PM