Is Lingophant suitable for people on any proficiency level?
You can use Lingophant at any level of your language learning. The content you create is adaptable to your level. There are however phrase sets that you can download and share, which can have different difficulties.
Is Lingophant free? Will it stay free?
Basic functionality will stay free forever, which is the ability to record phrases, transcribe them and practice them. We may charge for additional functionality in the future, since we have many valuable features planned!
What happens to my data and saved content?
Currently, all data is stored locally on your phone.
How can we reach you for feedback?
You can find us on Instagram and Facebook! Or drop us a line in the contact form below!
What is Lingophant?
Lingophant is an easily personalised, language learning app that you can use to practice and improve your efficieny.
Why should I use Lingophant?
By using the Lingophant Application you can learn a new language, without taking “traditional classes”. Instead, you can learn from someone you know, that already speaks the language. (friend, colleague) This is also called tandem learning.
1. Learn to talk about topics you choose and find personally relevant.
2. Schedule the learning sessions according to your own availability.
3. Create and store new phrases, that are relevant for you on the app and get notified by our language learning algorithm when it is time to practice them again.
4. Study your new phrases anywhere you want.
5. Study your new phrases everywhere.
Do I need internet access to use Lingophant?
No, you can use the Lingophant app without internet.
Which languages can I learn by using Lingophant?
Lingophant can be used for any language.
At the moment our voice recognition feature for pronunciation is reduced to the following languages:
- English (U.S.)
- English (Australia)
- English (Canada)
- English (India)
- English (Ireland)
- English (Malaysia)
- English (New Zealand)
- English (Philippines)
- English (Saudi Arabia)
- English (Singapore)
- English (South Africa)
- English (UAE)
- English (UK)
- Spanish (Spain)
- Spanish (Chile)
- Spanish (Colombia)
- Spanish (Mexico)
- Spanish (U.S.)
- French (France)
- French (Belgium)
- French (Canada)
- French (Luxembourg)
- French (Switzerland)
- German (Germany)
- German (Austria)
- German (Switzerland)
- Italian (Italy)
- Italian (Switzerland)
- Mandarin (Mainland China)
- Mandarin (Taiwan)
- Cantonese (Mainland China)
- Cantonese (Hong Kong)
- Arabic (Kuwait)
- Arabic (Saudi Arabia)
- Arabic (Qatar)
- Arabic (UAE)
- Dutch (Belgium)
- Dutch (Luxembourg)
- Dutch (Netherlands)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
And translation functionality is reduced to:
- English to Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, and Arabic
- Mandarin Chinese (China) to English, Spanish, German, French, and Italian
- German (Germany) to English, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese
- Arabic (United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia) to English
- Spanish (Spain) to English, Mandarin Chinese, German, French, Italian, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese
- Italian (Italy) to English, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, German, French, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese
- Russian to English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, and Brazilian Portuguese
- French to English, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese
- Japanese (Japan) to English
Do I need a Tandem partner?
You need a partner to speak with to use Lingophant. But our Database can also provide you with phrases-sets to learn the basics of the following languages: